Friday 13 March 2015

Why are goodbyes so hard.....


Firstly praise God my visa has finally come through!! I CAN  TRAVEL!!!WOOP!!! . Its been months of month waiting , several trips to the South African consulate! When the staff know you by name you know its far to much lol. I'm excited , am planning, am packing but wait........there's more to this the good-b-y-es!

My mind is running 100 miles an hour , what wait you mean I cant just hang with my family anytime I feel like, I cant call in on my friends. My life as I know is slipping through my fingers, I try to hang on I cant I wont it must happen. As the final lunches commence, the phone calls come in, my memory is taking screen shots of every scene! What they say, what they look like, what we enjoy doing , what we ate. Its all going into storage for future use. The moments when I feel alone....when it feels cold...........when everything seems distant. To hold those memories close, to be assured that my relationships are real , the stand , that they will last the distance and the test of time. As I hug each person , as the tears stream down my chicks, I know I am going deeper.......deeper into the promise....the promise given to me long ago. To go out and serve and be , and give all I have to be his hands and feet to the most vulnerable to the broken heart. To love those who don't know what love is, to smile with them , to treat them like they are important! they are! To share life with them, to laugh to live to be alive together.

The hardest part is to give up my home, my family time, my quality friendships, my community, my comfort and not being really sure what its in exchange for!................WAIT! .........we all read that sentence and  like it makes sense, right? wrong........ I have chosen to take this journey of faith and along the way God has challenged me to give up everyone of those up. If I'm honest it took me several months to get the point to say ...YES....YES LORD! take it! . Is it a one time thing nope! I wish it was. Everyday day I still have to ask God for strength, to rely on him and trust him.  To rest in his security, to be assured that he is in control, that he knows the plans he has for me to give me a hope and a future!

So my dear ones as i go, ill miss you , ill cry, ill remember the promise, i remind my soul that all things work together for good of those who love God! i need your support , you love, your prayers, your commmunications. As i go its not all hunky dorry ,  the change hasn't added up, no but im willing to step out, to see what the unknown holds. To take hold of the promise!

If you'd love to financially support me you can do so via my account.
Miss Grace w Kariuki
Account :81388438
Sort code :60-09-50

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl.
    Love you to bits. And miss you. But you are doing what God has called you to do.
    Rock your story xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya!
      I'll miss you. Indeed thank you for all your support xxx

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to reading your story as it unveils. Glory to God for your willingness to be his hands and feet...show His love to all you will meet. Blessings, Praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becky!
      Indeed me too! I'll be sure to write as often as I can. Thank for being there and continually praying! God bless you

      Delete