Sunday 28 February 2016

Day 18 #40daysofblogging

Hey guys,
Can you believe it's already day 18! Crazy  praise God he kept me on this blogging journey and had reminded me everyday to blog and given me something to share each time.....and today am praying the same.

Literally as am writing this am asking God what do I write about , what should my blog content involve and if  am honest a few things are running through my mind.
However today hasn't been particularly eventful.  I went to church this morning  (couldn't go to my normal one coz wasn't able to get transport it's like 40 mins from where I am driving.  Yes I don't have my license yet lol but usually there's away). Anyway back to my Sunday visited a friends church which okay the worship was good the word was good but gotta say I drifted in and out lol . It happens sometimes (*gasps* Christian drifting in a sermon , it's happens sometimes welcome to normal lol)

Every Sunday we do our grocery shopping coz it's the only time of the week I can get transport out. So we did that came home ate lunch watched shows on my laptop then just kinda hang out waiting for the team(p.s am hosting a mission team for the next week or so :)).  But in the midst of all that very normal not so exciting stuff I seemed to drift a bit in my thoughts starting thinking about home , my friends , what relationships I've built here some very great ones and some I'm still figuring out. And that put a downer on my afternoon I realised my emotions were taking me on a path I didn't  like.  Anyway whilst in that state I searched out the net for some missionary stories etc and guess what it happens to lots of people. Some days are really  great and some days are really tough. This afternoon was one of them for me.
It got me feeling disillusioned for a hour or so and I really spent time crying out to God to reaffirms me to get hold  of me once again.  And many of those who are from family church will recognise freedom in christ. I went back to my book I read out loud the who am I in christ chapter. And guess what as I read it out Scripture changed something in me in the atmosphere.  It evened out my emotions my irrational thinking.  I needed that I still need that..Sometimes we lose focus on what makes significant, secure and accepted.  But truth is only God can restore that reaffirms that deep in your spirit. But we must ask we must fall back on our knees and as ask the Lord to subdue our flesh. 

But sometimes we need a push a sign to get started on that journey back to God and for  me today it was opening my cupboard to a plate of cookies signed from the Rebros my American family :). A little assurance that God's got you,  he's surrounded you with love and people who love you now come to me (God) and let me overshadow you with my love and peace. And that's exactly what I did. Does it end there nope! I have to hold firm to God's truth and keep speaking it over myself everyday and asking God to continue shifting it from my head to my heart.

I choose to write this post as it is and hope it's an encouragement but most of all an honest write up of what life in Africa can look like. 

Thanks guys I always appreciate you prayers and your support.

Lots of love

Grace 

No comments:

Post a Comment