Saturday 6 February 2016

The penny dropped

So last Friday  was what we call community  prayer in Siathathuka (This is a community that is close to my heart. I'll soon share  why in a different post :)). What this means is that us as Hands family  everyone  who volunteers here at the hub we go and join  hands with our family in the a specific community for a prayer morning.  We share the word ,worship and prayer together then do holy home visits  to Carewokers, primary  caregivers  and kids  homes. There is nothing  more beautiful than seeing so many different nationalities  come together  to worship God in different languages.  For me it's a piece of what heaven  will look like.  Scripture  talks about this in Revelation.

This week the word shared was that we should  not live in fear.  What fear  does is that it holds you in captivity  and can make you live like your biggest  fear is happening.  In a community like there are many people practicing witchcraft and worshipping ancestors and rape and alcohol abuse is common.  Many people here are unemployed and rely on growing crops which don't always grow well. It's a dry area and sandy in some parts. It's easy to see why a community like this could leave in fear but it's also in this community that having a care point for vulnerable orphans is essential.  It's at this care point where the kids can learn about God and how much he loves them and it's here they are provided with opportunity to go to school  and basic health care.

This can only happen by our volunteers from our local church who cook and visit the children.  However it's not always that easy. It is here that I got the opportunity to visit some caregivers  who had shown interest in being part of the CBO caring for their own children and their friends. However fear was holding them back. Fear of commitment,  fear of potential struggle and fear of working with others. Although there was more to this and I could completely relate It's hear I realised that it's difficult to overcome your fears if you don't have encouragement and support throughout the journey.  It's here I saw the absolute necessity for our Service center members who visit the community regularly and build these relationship.  It's here I saw the necessity for us hands at work being here to support the service center and the CBO.  As I sat in this home visits  I realised  you can give all the money and resources and children could still go hungry and not cared for because their is no one to provide this.  As  I sat there I remember having to ask ourselves if the kids came home that day and asked mum why didn't I eat why didn't I go to school  and she responded I was afraid to receive the gift of those things  the child would struggle to understand that.

So what am I saying Fear is real, fear can hold out on our very blessing.  But encouragement and support can help us out of fear. God's truth that he has not given us a spirt of fear but that of power love and a sound mind 2 Timothy 1.7 is our only defence against fear.

During that home visit we were able to bring hope and support and praise be to God they caregivers are now part of the CBO caring for their kids. We can overcome all things through Christ who strengthens us.

If you fear anything draw closer to God and sorround yourself with people who can encourage you and support you and defeat fear!

Lots of love

Grace

If you'd love to financially support me you can do so via my account.
Miss Grace w Kariuki
Account :81388438
Sort code :60-09-50

No comments:

Post a Comment